3/15/19

Good and Bad News - About My Health

I haven't been feeling well for quite some time.  Tired all the time!

I had blood showing up in my urine tests for over a year.  Over a month ago I had a routine scope of my bladder!  I was told I had tumors.

One month later, I am in surgery to have the tumors removed.  I came home with a catheter for 3 days.  Lord, that was awful!

I still didn't know what the outcome was with pathology until this past Wednesday.  I had a follow-up appointment with the Surgeon and found out I have Cancer.  When I heard the "C" word, I was so scared.  It is Papillary Urothelial Carcinoma (low grade).

So every 3 months, I have to go for a scope so they can check on me.  If all goes well after doing this for 2 years, I will then have to go every 6 months for a year.  If it is still good, I will have to go for a scope once every year.

No chemo is necessary at this time!

I am thinking positive that the tumors will not come back and I will be fine!


No comments:

Post a Comment