This was our first assignment, however I managed to do one but there are 4 different views posted at the bottom of this post.
CAPI ::: Raw Sketchbook Assignment 1 -
Free Form Association :::
- Watch 2 Videos on my version of free form association
- print out my drawing template
- take a different color marker pen like a sharpie, coloring pencil etc and study the drawing to see whether you can find any kind of shapes ,forms or resonant images within
- create approx 5 free form drawings yourself starting with a black squarish shape filling it with random lines , then letting the images find you as you mark them with a different color
- TIP : if you have never done this type of exercise before or are a new art student then practice these more than 5 times to get into the flow of things as we will be using this technique again ...
- object of the exercise is the development of seeing visuals with our right brain rather than predicting imagery with our left brain .
- keep save in your Raw Sketchbook for Assignment 2